The purpose of the Service Level Agreement (“SLA” or “Agreement”) between Operations and the University of Kansas Lawrence campus is to:
- Provide clear information on who we are, what we do and how to contact us for the various services we provide;
- Quantify and measure service level expectations;
- Outline the potential methods used to measure the quality of service provided;
- Define mutual requirements and expectations for critical processes and overall performance;
- Strengthen communication between Operations and its customers; and,
- Provide a vehicle for resolving conflicts.
Service Level Priorities
The Service Level Priorities for work orders are defined as follows:
- Priority 1 - Emergency | Response Time: Immediate
Emergency work orders take priority over all other work and require immediate action to address situations that present immediate or imminent danger to life, health, safety, security, or significant damage to buildings, equipment or other property.
- Priority 2 - Urgent | Response Time: Within 48 Hours
Urgent work orders are unscheduled and reactive and may pose a threat of personal injury, cause property or equipment damage, or serious disruption of service. This type of work demands prompt attention to supplement emergency repairs or prevent a subsequent emergency. Urgent work orders may include responses to safety deficiencies and regulatory violations.
- Priority 3 - Scheduled | Response Time: Within 5 Days
Scheduled work orders address date-sensitive requests. This is work that may require prior coordination and lead time to procure supplies and/or services. Scheduled work orders include preventive maintenance services intended to protect and preserve physical assets and reduce the threat of major equipment breakdowns.
- Priority 4 - Routine | Response Time: Within 10 Days
Routine work orders address service or project requests that do not pose a threat to life and property or disrupt University operations. These requests are put in the job queue and are processed in the order they are received.